OUR FAMILY AT CF + D
We are a growing company that is disrupting an industry that has been defined for centuries. Responsible for the custom design and fabrication of residential and commercial fireplaces across North America, we are looking to work with passionate individuals who are ready to push the boundaries of creation and success.
Are you ready? Apply today.
About the position
At CF + D, we’re always on the lookout for talented Metal Fabricators to help build our high-quality, unique and diverse product lines. As a member of our Metal Fabrication team, you will be responsible for reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, fabricating metal components or structures, and performing quality checks on finished products. You may also be required to set up fabricating machines and design custom templates.
To ensure success as a Metal Fabricator, you should have advanced knowledge of industrial metalwork, a good eye for detail, quality and excellent mathematical skills. Ultimately, a top-class Metal Fabricator expertly constructs high-quality products to exact specifications.
Position Responsibilities & Requirements
- Reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Constructing base templates if necessary.
- Measuring and marking out cutting and bending lines.
- Setting up metalwork machinery including rollers, drill presses, plasmas, brakes, and shears.
- Double-checking design specifications before commencing with cutting work.
- Fabricating and constructing metal components.
- Grinding and finishing completed products.
- Performing quality checks on completed products.
- Completing job reports.
- Complying with all OH&S and company safety regulations.
- Trade certification and/or minimum of five years of hands-on experience as a Metal Fabricator.
- CWB certification and advanced welding experience would be considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design and manufacturing procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering blueprints.
- Proficiency in metal fabrication tools including shears, rollers, press brakes, plasma cutters, and drill presses.
- Knowledge and ability to use a variety of measuring devices associated with the trade.
- Advanced mathematical and engineering skills.
- Ability and a sound understanding of how to lift and manipulate large metal objects safely.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.