OUR FAMILY AT CF + D
We are a growing company that is disrupting an industry that has been defined for centuries. Responsible for the custom design and fabrication of residential and commercial fireplaces across North America, we are looking to work with passionate individuals who are ready to push the boundaries of creation and success.
Are you ready? Apply today.
About the position
At CF + D, we’re always on the lookout for talented CAD Designers to help build our high-quality, unique and diverse fireplace product lines. As a member of our Industrial CAD Designer Team, you will be responsible for reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, understanding components, and structures to create custom fire features using your CAD drawing capabilities.
We require highly motivated individuals that are target driven and can deliver results.
Position Responsibilities & Requirements
- The successful candidate will be skilled in 3D and 2D CAD, component design concepts
- Ability to conceptualize from Architectural Plans and Engineering drawings
- Convert renderings and sketches into fireplace concepts, working designs and production drawings.
- Some aspects of the design process will require a hands-on approach to problem-solving
- Ultimately, a top-class Designer expertly constructs high-quality drawings for our clients to review and our talented Metal Craftsmen to build.
- 3 years or more experience required in 3D and 2D CAD design
- 3 years or more advanced knowledge of Solid Works
- Auto CAD, computer skills and a good eye for detail
- Organization and excellent mathematical skills.
- Experience with hand rendering (concept proposal drawings) and computer rendering is an asset.
- Good communication skills and command of the English language
- Excellent time management and organization
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn